Love lobster? The BEST is said to come from the winter waters of the North Atlantic off Nova Scotia, you be the judge!
Join us as we take you Lobster Fishing out on the ocean, ‘in-season’, during our winter season.
White Point proudly presents a new, EXCLUSIVE Canadian Maritime Experience.
GO LOBSTER FISHING in WINTER with a real lobster fisherman onboard his 37ft fishing boat on the Atlantic Ocean!
EAT LOBSTER caught fresh that day! Pick out your own lobster from the sea and we’ll bring it back to White Point for Chef to steam for you as he shares tips and tricks to preparing lobster.
INDULGE in Nova Scotia’s rich, legendary (and tasty) winter lobster fishing heritage.
Bundle up and step aboard Nova Scotia’s Great Canadian Lobster Fishing Excursion!
Step in the boots of a Nova Scotia lobster fisher on this authentic lobster fishing experience! Watch the crew aboard the J.K.C. as they pull, check and bait traps. Find out for yourself if every trap has lobster within and check out the other creatures they hang out with – we’re talking crabs, fish, and wait until you come face to face with a pre-historic looking sculpin!
After all that time at sea, you’ll have worked up your appetite – from those landed on the boat, pick out and bring back the lobster you want to feast on for dinner back here at the beach!
What’s the experience like? WATCH the video now to ‘sea’ what you can expect!
‘Cheers’ to new friends, as you get to know local Captain Brad Crouse and our host Fisherwoman Sarah Allen, while learning some ‘tricks of the trade’, over delicious lobster-infused hors d’oeuvres and Tidal Bay, Nova Scotia’s signature wine. Feel the thrill of heading out at dawn for a lobster fishing adventure, in winter season and in the world’s largest lobster fishery! Join us on deck, helping to measure and band the catch, as the crew haul up dozens of lobster traps from the Atlantic Ocean. Ultimate bragging rights await when you return to White Point Beach Resort and gather around an ocean side bonfire with their Executive Chef Alan Crosby, to cook a lobster–straight from the boat that you helped catch –it doesn’t get any fresher!
On this real life quest for lobster, experience the thrill of a morning at sea fishing lobster in the Atlantic Ocean in winter as part of the world’s largest lobster fishery and savour the most incredible Taste of Nova Scotia!
2 night Lobster Fishing Package
$699 per person, based on double occupancy, plus tax
$857 per person for single occupancy, plus tax
Don’t miss this experience of a lifetime!
Call us to book your spot at 800.565.5068 ext 1
*Minimum of 4 guests required for experience to take place. Maximum of 8 people.
- We’ll get aquainted!
Let’s get to know each other, your Captain Crouse and host Fisherwoman Sarah Allen for your adventure onboard the J.K.C., a 37-foot lobster fishing boat.
Enjoy hot lobster croquettes with Cognac and tarragon reduction and select gourmet cheeses, paired with Benjamin Bridge Tidal Bay, Nova Scotia’s signature wine.
- Lobster 101 will be covered at your Meet & Greet giving you the basics so you feel more in the ‘know’ when you step aboard the fishing boat!
- Half-Day Lobster Fishing Adventure
Up and at it! Departing at sunrise (just like the fishermen do), we’ll spend 2-3 hours aboard our lobster fishing boat to see, hear and feel what it’s like to go lobster fishing
(We’ll keep you cozy and warm with ‘slickers’, hot beverages and snacks).
- Oceanside Lunch
Upon returning to the wharf, we’ll head back to White Point to enjoy lunch – overlooking the ocean, from your cozy cottage or in the Main Lodge – we’ll leave the decision up to you.
- Let’s FEAST on our fresh Lobster, prepared by our Executive Chef!
Join Executive Chef Alan at the bonfire overlooking the ocean as he shares tips on how to cook lobster to perfection. As you look on, your journey will unfold to include:
– Savoured at the bonfire, steamed mussels with red Thai curry and coconut milk, paired perfectly with Benjamin Bridge Nova 7 sparkling wine;
– Lobster you caught, steamed over the bonfire, by Chef Alan. When they are ready, head inside to the Dining Room to feast on your lobster paired with crispy crushed fingerling potatoes, grilled tomato and bearnaise sauce and paired with Blomindon Reserve Chardonnay, and freshly-baked buttermilk biscuits;
– For dessert, finish with warm, sticky toffee pudding with salted caramel sauce and vanilla bean ice cream, paired with White Point Signature Hot Chocolate
- Oceanfront Cottage accommodations! Spend 2 nights in a one-bedroom, oceanfront cottage at White Point Beach Resort (let the sound of the surf lull you to sleep and relax by your the cozy fireplace (propane or woodburning)
- Rise and shine to enjoy Breakfast both mornings
- Transportation to and from the local West Berlin Wharf, and rain gear, working gloves, etc!
- Access to all Recreation Facilities and amenities at White Point Beach Resort
- Take home gift as a memento of your adventure!
- AND bragging rights of course, able to share your adventure of Lobster Fishing first hand!
- If you are allergic to shellfish, please note that this is not a good fit for you, as we will be handling and eating shellfish throughout the adventure.
- While your itinerary proposes to go lobster fishing on Saturday during this experience, should the ocean conditions prevent us from heading out on the water on Saturday, we will go fishing Sunday morning, conditions permitting.
- Life jackets will be provided prior to boarding the fishing boat.
- If you are unsure if you have “sea-legs”, please be advised that as we are heading out to sea for up to three hours, you may find sea-sickness affects you. Be sure to take precautions, such as Gravol or Seasickness wristbands.
- While fishing outerwear, fishing gloves and a toque will be provided, guests are asked to bring/wear:
warm clothing in layers, wind breakers (winter coats are recommended), waterproof winter boots, wool socks, scarves, hats, and mittens.
Experience takes place rain or shine – if the Captain goes, we go!
Due to the uniqueness of this Experience, guests needing to cancel their reservation must do so at least 10 days prior to their reservation to receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 10 days prior to the Experience date will be subject to the full cost. Please note that group bookings of more than two people may be subject to additional fees.
Cancellations must be made by contacting White Point Beach Resort by phone at 800-565-5068, ext. 1.
What people are saying about the experience:
“This was the most amazing experience, ever, so much more than I imagined … I love lobster even more now after knowing what it takes to get them from the sea to my plate.” – C. Campbell
“My Dad has fished all his life but would never allow me to fish with him. This was my chance to walk in his footsteps for a day – I have a whole new appreciation for what he does for a living.” – S. Scobey