They’re green, crabby and very mean … destroying the seaside habitat! Become a super-hero and join Gabrielle and her Parks Canada Team at Kejimkujik National Park and National Historic Site SEASIDE as they hunt down and eradicate the invasive Green Crab from the shoreline in our neighbourhood!
2019 July and August (pairs perfectly with a Sunday stay with us!)
Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday: 10 am – 2 pm
Duration: 4 hours
Group Size: Maximum 6 participants / group
Visitor information / trip planning:
Visitor Centre: 902-682-2772 / email@example.com
Schedule for the day:
10:00am: Meet at Seaside kiosk; introduction and safety overview
10:30am: Ride to field station with stops for photos and interpretation
11am: Arrive at field station; project background and prepare rowboats
11:15am to 12:30pm: Row a boat and pull some traps
12:30pm to 1:00pm: Lunch break surrounded by Seaside sounds and scenery
1:00pm to 1:30pm: Photos and return to field station; measure some crabs
1:30pm to 2:00pm: Return ride to parking lot with photo opportunities; conclusion
• All participants will be contacted the night before to confirm program details
• Don’t forget to pack a picnic lunch, water and snacks. Time for lunch will be provided on a beautiful lagoon island. Even better – treat yourself to a Parks Canada Perfect Picnic!
• Rubber boots are highly recommended.
• The program is not suitable for persons with mobility issues.
• Program runs rain or shine; however, cancellation can occur in severe weather conditions
“Best value for money in Nova Scotia this summer!”
“Very unique experience, informative and entertaining. A perfect fit for our teenagers on vacation.”
“This was a wonderful way to experience the park as a family. Loved the hands-on experience and such a great way to get to know Parks Canada.”
For ALL the details: https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/ns/kejimkujik/activ/expedi-crabes-gone-crabbin