Nestled along the Atlantic Ocean, White Point is located within the UNESCO Southwest Nova Biosphere Reserve, a unique designation that recognizes the cultural, historical, environmental and economic significance of our communities.
We believe that all people have a responsibility to ease the strain on our planet in any way we can. That’s why the White Point Green Theme — our environmental stewardship policy — is a firm part of the way we operate. White Point is committed to the principle of sustainability by meeting our needs without compromising the needs of future generations. A healthy environment is an essential element of sustainability and environmental impact is a key consideration in all our corporate decisions.
We are also pleased to have achieved the 4 Green Key Rating from the Hotel Association of Canada.
We were honoured to be named the Resource Recovery Fund Board (RRFB) of Nova Scotia’s “2007 Business of the Year”.
We continue our efforts in partnership with our staff, suppliers, guests and the community at large we will strive to:
- minimize our use of non-renewable resources by reducing our water consumption through efficient usage and water saver technology
- practice energy conservation and efficiency in our operation by working with suppliers, professional associations and other partners to encourage environmentally sound practices and activities
- use environmentally sensitive suppliers and products whenever possible by seeking opportunities to promote environmental awareness to our staff, guests, suppliers and industry partners
- promote increased awareness and appreciation of the natural world by lobbying the federal and provincial governments regarding environmental issues affecting Atlantic Canada
- identify environmental initiatives within our operation that will lead to the restoration and enhancement of the altered environment
- reintroduction of natural flora and fauna by anticipating and preventing activities and practices that will have a negative impact on the environment
- dispose of our waste products with care and minimize our waste production by reducing, reusing, and recycling wherever possible
The White Point Team is continuously seeking out and implementing new initiatives that further support our environmental goals. We invite you to take a look at our current Green Initiatives. Borrow them if you like and be sure to pass along any questions or suggestions to us!