Looking to change things up with Halloween? Come enjoy live entertainment in the lounge, marshmallow roasts, spooktackular stories around the campfire, Halloween movies on the big screen (with treat bags), all under a full moon.
Saturday October 31st
- Enjoy our resort pumpkin display. We’ll need your help judging which department carved the best pumpkin. Ask the front desk for your ballot!
- Grab the kids and join us outside for a family bonfire from 7 PM until 9 PM. We’ll bring the marshmallows, you’ll bring the costumes.
- We’ve invited the spooktackular storyteller, Vernon Oickle, to join us under the full moon at the beach. Vernon will be sharing tales that will raise the hair on the back of your neck. He’ll be at the outdoor firepit at 9 PM.
- We’ll be showing two movies in the Main Lodge and encourage everyone to come in costume. We’ll have movie treat bags for all to enjoy.
- At 6:30 PM “It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown” (25 mins) will be showing.
- At 7:00 PM the “Corpse Bride” by Tim Burton (1 hour and 17 mins) will be showing.
- Live music by Shawn Hebb in Founder’s Lounge from 7 PM until 10 PM.
- The indoor pool is open by reservation from 9 AM until 8 PM.
- The games room is open from 9 AM until 8 PM.
About Vernon Oickle:
Vernon Oickle was born and raised in Liverpool where he continues to reside. He is an award winning journalist and editor, and is the author of 32 books, many of which collect and preserve the heritage and culture of Atlantic Canada. His best-selling books include Ghost Stories of the Maritimes, Ghost Stories of Nova Scotia, More Ghost Stories of Nova Scotia, the Nova Scotia Outstanding Outhouse Reader, South Shore Facts and Folklore, Strange Nova Scotia, The Bluenosers’ Book of Slang and Red Sky at Night.
All events will follow COVID-19 regulations to ensure a relaxing and safe Halloween for all to enjoy.