Re-Opening – Friday, June 19, 2020
White Pointers –
We know our resort holds such a special place to many, especially during the summer months. We’ve received hundreds of messages asking when we’ll be opening our doors, and after many discussions, we’ve decided to re-open our property on Friday, June 19th.
Although we won’t be the White Point you’re accustomed to, we know we can continue to provide a space for you and your loved ones to create memories and enjoy the great outdoors.
Here’s what you can expect:
- For summer 2020, we will only be welcoming guests from the Atlantic provinces. We will re-evaluate this decision in Septemeber.
- The bottom floor of the Main Lodge will be closed including the pool area, fitness room and kids center.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be available for dine-in or takeout from Founder’s and Elliot’s Dining Room. View new menus on our dining page
- They’re plenty of reading nooks available around the property, bring a good book and relax.
- Nature hiking trails and the beach are open and there for you and your family to enjoy.
- The bunnies are well and have mastered social distancing.
- Only select accommodations will be available.
What to do:
- Most recreational activities (games room, indoor pool and gym) will remain closed for now. You’re more than welcome to bring your own playing cards, board games and outdoor games. Don’t forget your swimsuit for a dip in the ocean or lake!
- That being said, the outdoor saltwater pool is open!
- Live music will be available nightly in from 8PM until 11PM in Founder’s.
- Boathouse will be open from 10:30AM to 5:30PM for the summer! Little Pointers Playground, bike rentals, stand up paddleboards, sit on kayaks, outdoor games equipment will all be available free of charge for our guests.
- Outdoor fires with marshmallows are available nightly from 7PM to 9PM (weather permitting).
- Rock painting is available on the oceanfront lawn every day at 3:30PM.
- Bee school is back! Join Jason on Wednesdays at 4PM for a hands-on, close up look at our bees here at White Point. Suitable for the entire family! You can find him in Graden Court next to the Little Pointers Playground.
- Morning Yoga is available every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:30AM on the Oceanfront lawn. If the weather isn’t cooperating, we’ll move this indoors. Simply ask the front desk where yoga is being held.
- Create your own fairy house on Wednesdays at 3PM. Wendy, our horticulturalist, provides materials for you to create a fairy house to take home with you. Join us in our greenhouse. Social distancing measures determine the number of people who may participate.
- “Mi’kmaw Gina’masuti”. So pleased are we that Shanyn shares her Mi’kmaw culture with us! Participate in a smudging, sing the honour song and become inspired by a Mi’kmaq legend. Join us every Thursday at 4PM on the Oceanfront Lawn.
- Early Nova Scotia Homestead Work & Crafts. Every Friday at 4PM visit with Bruce Smith on the Oceanfront lawn as he illustrates carving traditional Nova Scotia utensils such as wooden spoons using green wood. Bruce loves illustrating the methods used from the late 1700’s through to the 1900’s.
To deliver a safe and enjoyable experience for all, we’ll be introducing sanitation procedures and new physical distancing measures. We will be monitoring all the Nova Scotia government recommendations daily and readjusting our best practices as needed.
Stay tuned for more details and updates to come. In the meantime, if you have any questions, give us a call at 1-800-565-5068.
From all of us at White Point, we thank you for your patience and look forward to welcoming you back this summer. See you soon!