Passionate about Food & Beverage – apply now to be our F & B Manager
Since 1928 White Pointers have made White Point Beach Resort their destination of choice. While the spectacular oceanside setting and charming cottages, room and homes are all a part of the appeal of White Point, we’re legendary for the culinary experiences we pair with it all. Proud to be Nova Scotia’s favourite year-round oceanfront beach vacation destination, we’re constantly seeking to showcase and celebrate the ‘Tastes of Nova Scotia’ within our menus – including wine, beer and spirits – engaging our guests in unique ways that ensure they have GREAT days at White Point.
We’re a dynamic, creative and unique destination that continues to grow, year-round.
If you enjoy the beach, consider yourself an ambassador for our area and Nova Scotia, strive to exceed expectations and love local products, you may be just the person we are looking for to fill our current full time, year-round position of Food & Beverage Manager at White Point Beach Resort.
Available immediately, this position is salaried, based on 40 – 45 hrs/ wk, Full-Time, year-round.
Salary: commensurate with experience
Interested in applying?
See details below and send along your resume to the attention of Dylan Meisner, Director of Operations at email@example.com
Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position is responsible to provide and inspire great days at White Point! Along with your team, continuously exceed expectations proving the highest quality of service in an atmosphere relaxed and comfortable for our guests. This position is also responsible for but not limited to the effective management and leadership of service team members in manner strives to exceed guest expectations within established budget forecasts.
Ensures adherence to the standards of service in the Food and Beverage area by:
- Maintaining service standards as described in the Beverage Services and Food Services
- Operating Procedures manuals.
- Communicating guest needs and promoting guest recognition
- Implementing new procedures as required
- Developing new clientele
- Monitoring food quality
- Possessing good knowledge of wine, beers and spirits
Promotes open and positive communication between all aspects of White Point operations:
- Attending Food & Beverage meetings
- Chair staff meetings
- Maintaining good working relationships with suppliers
- Maintaining awareness of in-house guest counts
- Reading and updating log books daily, ensure staff read same
Assists in the promotion and planning of events and/or large groups in the facilities of the dining room by:
- Responding to incoming inquiries
- Develop a strong rapport with clients to inspire confidence and build repeat business
- Meet with Conference Sales staff to assist with the selection and coordination of event details including but not limited to: menu selection, decor, equipment, set-up, scheduling, pricing etc.
- Record and coordinate specific details of all events through Banquet Event Orders.
- Service clients by answering inquiries, securing guaranteed numbers etc.
Assists in the planning and organization of the efficient administration of the dining room and lounge by:
- Timely and accurate employee scheduling, including vacation planning
- Ensuring equipment is available for employee use, including rentals ordered as required
- Ensuring the dining room exceeds guest expectations
- Ordering supplies as needed
- Build and maintain relationships with local wineries, distilleries, and breweries
- Perform all ordering of bar product and supplies
- Constantly look to innovate beverage program
- Update/reprice menu and POS as required
- Perform monthly liquor inventory and evaluate results
- Ensuring HR issues are documented
- Maintaining a professional relationship with the Management Team and staff of all WPBR properties
Assists in the development and implementation of planned systematic training and development programs for all service staff by:
- Ensuring ongoing team development for supervisors and line staff
- Identifying training tools
- Coordinating orientation and training for all new staff
- All aspects of staff management
- Ensuring grooming standards and company policies are met
- Plans performance reviews of staff and conducts same.
Monitors expenses with particular emphasis on labour costs control and promptly reports excesses:
- Sets annual budget targets
- Controlling labour cost to keep in line with projected budgets
- Ensuring guest checks are accurate
- Ensuring payroll is accurately processed
- Monitor breaks and spillage
Demonstrates leadership in workplace safety for both staff and customers while responding effectively to all emergency situations by:
- Remaining alert in respect to guest and employee security
- Ensuring a representative from the department attends Occupational Health and Safety meetings.
- Overseeing the correction of problems associated with potential safety hazards
Assists in the initiation of promotional activities designed to meet and exceed revenue budgets in each area by:
- Promoting suggestive selling
- Being aware of ongoing event on property and local events, serving as champion for their promotion among team members
- Assisting sales in set-up planning
- Training staff in in-house promotions and ensuring they advise guests
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, OTHER
- Minimum of two years management experience in Food & Beverage
- Experience with budgets, inventory control and cost analysis
- Experience within various capacities with Food & Beverage
- University education in marketing, tourism, or public relations preferred
- Good understanding of POS maintenance and Microsoft programs
- Knowledge of adult training principles
- Skilled in effective sales techniques
- Ability to motivate employees
- Ability to maintain a team environment
- Possess or willing to obtain Serve Right (managers) certification
- Valid Food Safety certification
- Valid Emergency First Aid and CPR certification