Mmmm… Marshmallows, Homemade Marshmallows!
This past weekend kids – young and young at heart – were flocking to our booth at the 4th annual Saltscapes ‘Harvest Greets the Holidays’ Expo in Masstown, Nova Scotia asking – “What are those?”
And when we said, they are homemade marshmallows from White Point – they’d ask .. “How do you make them?”, “What do they taste like?”, “Are they hard to make?”and lastly … “Do you have the recipe?”
As promised, we asked Executive Chef Alan Crosby for our recipe so we could share it with you – and here it is!
Please do make them … roast them, serve them in s’mores, shake up your desserts – and hot chocolate, even bundle them up and give as gifts to others!
White Point Beach Resort Marshmallow Recipe
|Corn Syrup||1 cups|
- Combine 1.5 cups water, sugar, corn syrup, salt in pot
- Bring to a boil, cook to 240 degrees
- Put Gelatin in bottom of stand mixer bowl…you will need a heavy duty mixer!!
- Pour 1.5 cups water, allow to dissolve
- When the syrup reaches exactly 240 degrees, remove from heat
- Pour slowly on top of dissolved gelatin
- Mix on low 1 minute, mix on high 11 minutes
Prepare a pan by spraying well
Sugar Mix: Combine 1 cup corn starch and 1 cup icing sugar
Pour/scoop mix out…spray all utensils and hands!!!!
Press down to a 1 inch thick layer, dust with sugar mix, allow to set before cutting.
Cut and enjoy!