Join our Team: Food & Beverage Server
For 90 years White Point Beach Resort has welcomed the world to enjoy our perch along the Atlantic Ocean. As Nova Scotia’s legendary year-round oceanfront beach resort, ‘Making Moments, Memories’ has been our greatest responsibility and pleasure. Our White Point Team continues to play an incredibly important and critical role in delivering ‘great days’ our guests. We’re a Team of some 160 strong, and we’re growing.
Come join our Team!
Job Details: Part-time and Full-Time
Number of Hours: 30-48 per week
Job Start Date: Immediately
Who should apply?
We are looking for people who are capable of, and dedicated to making memories. If you are looking for a serving position where you will be rewarded for your efforts, and your schedule is reflective of those efforts, as well as, the intangibles that you bring to your work every day, please forward your resume using the instructions listed below. Previous serving experience is considered and asset, however, not necessary. We can teach you a job, but we are looking for “amazing” individuals who strive to enhance the experiences of all those around them.
The main responsibilities of this job include:
- Accurately takes guest food and beverage orders, and promptly communicates them to the kitchen and bar staff
- Monitors food quality and speed of service, and corrects or notifies supervisor when substandard
- Maintains a high level of service standards by ensuring that guests are comfortable and complies with their requests for service, food and/or beverages
- Ensures all monetary transactions are conducted in an accurate and efficient manner
- Possesses good working knowledge of wine, beers and spirits
- Up-sells guest’s choices without appearing aggressive
- Maintains an awareness of “in-house” promotions and advises guests of same
- Ensures that uniform standards are met prior to the start of each shift
- Ensures that service stations are fully stocked and that cleanliness is maintained
- Maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of assigned tables on an ongoing basis
- Assists in general cleaning duties as requested by supervisors
- Attends and contributes to staff meetings
- Attends training sessions as required
- Assists co-workers in their duties whenever possible
- Other duties as requested
A successful candidate would meet the following requirements:
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol
- Basic computer knowledge including Microsoft Word & Excel programs
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Friendly, enthusiastic individual
- Provides exceptional guest service skills & pays attention to detail
Rate of Pay: Starts at Minimum wage plus gratuities earned
Apply Now: Qualified interested applicants are invited to submit resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits: From use of our recreation facilities to discounts in the Dining Room, there are many more perks to working at White Point, that simply being at the beach every day. Check out our White Point Employee Program .