GR8 Ideas for Father’s Day
With Father’s Day just around the corner, the Gift Shop at White Point is a perfect stop to get some great gifts for the special dad in your life. We have enlisted the help of Cathie at the gift shop to come up with eight great gift ideas.
This collection includes:
1. White Point Beach Resort hat – a White Point classic, perfect for any dad – whether he is enjoying a round of golf, spending some time on the beach or is simply out and about. Hats are available in different colours.
2. White Point Beach Resort 90th Anniversary quarter zip sweater – this year White Point is celebrating its 90th anniversary! White Pointers have been enjoying the sights and sounds of the ocean since our opening as a hunting and fishing lodge back in 1928. Join us in celebrating our 90th with one of these cozy quarter zip sweaters – available in different colours.
3. White Point Beach Resort travel mug & beer stein – featuring the White Point logo, the travel mug works great for on-the-go mornings and the beer stein for kicking back, and relaxing on the deck.
4. Jams & Marmalades – who doesn’t love some homemade jam or marmalade? The jams & marmalades at the gift shop are from The Summer Kitchen. With many different kinds to choose from, it’s hard to pick just one! You can find The Summer Kitchen on Facebook by clicking here.
6. Handcrafted Pens – these lovely pens have been handcrafted in Nova Scotia by Gary Burrows, using exotic materials. There are many different patterns, grains and designs to choose from, and no two are alike, perfect to pick one uniquely for your dad.
7. Bird Carving – these dynamic wood bird carvings have been hand carved by Bruce Smith. The birds he makes are mounted on driftwood, and sometimes feature other beach findings such as sea glass and coral.
8. Storm-Cast Composted Seaweed Fertilizer – Seaweed is torn loose by wave and storm action throughout the year and is washed up on beaches. For generations it has been collected by gardeners as a fertilizer and soil amendment due to its natural mix of sea plant, shell and sand. Storm-Cast can be used inside or out and is made locally in Queens County! To learn more you can click here to go to their website.
These are just a few of the many great items available at the gift shop, which is located inside the Main Lodge here at White Point.
Our gift shop is bursting with even more possibilities – we have more than 70 artists showcased – all handmade locally and from around Nova Scotia. Everything from clothing, jewelry & art, to dog toys, books and so much more. Drop by the shop anytime when you are in the area or here for the night!