Work as a Host at White Point Beach Resort!
For nearly 90 years White Point Beach Resort has welcomed the world to enjoy our perch along the Atlantic Ocean. As Nova Scotia’s legendary year-round oceanfront beach resort, ‘Making Moments, Memories’ has been our greatest responsibility and pleasure. Our White Point Team continues to play an incredibly important and critical role in delivering ‘great days’ our guests. We’re a Team of some 160 strong, and we’re growing. Come join our Team.
Job Details: Part-time leading to full time
Number of Hours: 20-40
Number of Vacancies: 2 positions
Job Start Date: 3/26/2018
Job Posting Date: 3/5/2018
The main responsibilities of this job include:
– Embrace the White Point Vision & Mission to exceed the expectations of our guests
– Accurately takes Dining Room reservations to the standards set in Food & Beverage Quality Procedures.
– Ensures dining room tables are readied for guest reservations. Including removing settings as per booked covers, cleaning and straightening table settings and centerpieces,
– Ensure staffing levels for all service areas are accurate based on projected restaurant & resort business levels.
– Divide server sections accordingly for projected business levels & quality procedural standards to ensure guests receive outstanding service
– Maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of host desk and closets on an ongoing basis
– Takes room service orders and ensures that Guest Services receives the order promptly
– Supervises bussing staff to ensure quick cleaning & resetting of tables for upcoming reservations
– Maintains an awareness of “in-house” promotions/special occasion menus and advises guests of same
– Assist Food & Beverage Manager is planning/organizing special events including holiday dinners, brunches, etc.
-Assists in general cleaning duties as requested by supervisors
A successful candidate would meet the following requirements:
– Basic computer knowledge including Microsoft Word & Excel programs
– Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
– Friendly, enthusiastic individual
– Provides exceptional guest service skills & pays attention to detail
Rate of Pay:
Commensurate with experience, $10.85 – $11.20 per hour
Qualified interested applicants are invited to submit resumes via email to email@example.com
From use of our recreation facilities to discounts in the Dining Room, there are many more perks to working at White Point, that simply being at the beach everyday. Check out our White Point Employee Program .
White Point Beach Resort is located within the resort community of White Point, just 10 mins outside Liverpool, centrally located on Nova Scotia’s South Shore. The service centre for our area is Liverpool offering a variety of services and shops including banks, postal service, pharmacies, grocery stores, boutique shops and restaurants. As a recreational and cultural hub, Liverpool’s Queens Place Emera Centre, Astor Theatre and many museums and parks combined with Kejimkujik National Park & Kejimkujik Seaside, TH Raddall Provincial Park, Summerville Provincial Beach and Beach Meadows Beach ensure there is always a place around the corner to be enjoyed. Year-round festivals and events see the community come together to celebrate the area and welcome visitors. Music, craft beer, local vineyards and surfing add even more to the dynamics of the area. Liverpool also boasts Queens General Hospital, state of the art Schools for youth and a robust entrepreneurial spirit. For more information on Liverpool, Queens County visit Region of Queens.