Great Canadian Lobster Fishing Feast Excursion: NEW in 2018!
Ever been to sea…lobster fishing… in the winter season in Nova Scotia on the North Atlantic Ocean?!?
White Point proudly presents a new, EXCLUSIVE Canadian Maritime Experience:
LEARN about Nova Scotia’s winter season lobster fishing industry.
GO WINTER LOBSTER FISHING with a lobster fisherman onboard his working fishing boat on the Atlantic Ocean at sunrise!
EAT LOBSTER fresh caught, by you at steamed by you, with some help from our Chef at White Point Beach Resort!
‘Cheers’ to new friends, as you get to know local Captain Brad Crouse and Fisherwoman Sarah Allen, while learning some ‘tricks of the trade’, over delicious lobster-infused hors d’oeuvres and Tidal Bay, Nova Scotia’s signature wine. Feel the thrill of heading out at dawn for a lobster fishing adventure, in winter season and in the world’s largest lobster fishery – home to the Lobster Capital of Canada! Work on deck, helping to measure and band the catch, as the crew haul up dozens of lobster traps from the Atlantic Ocean. Ultimate bragging rights await when you return to White Point Beach Resort and gather around an ocean side bonfire with their Executive Chef Alan Crosby, to cook a lobster–straight from the boat that you helped catch –it doesn’t get any fresher!
Catch more than just a sunrise!
On this real life quest for lobster, experience the thrill of a sunrise morning at sea fishing lobster in the Atlantic Ocean in winter as part of the world’s largest lobster fishery and savour the most incredible Taste of Nova Scotia!
Only 4 DATES to Choose from in the 2018 Lobster Fishing Season:
March 23 – 25, 2018
April 6 – 8, 2018
April 13 – 15, 2018
May 4 – 6, 2018
2 night Lobster Fishing Package
$699 per person, based on double occupancy, plus tax ($349.50 per person based on double occupancy)
$857 per person for single occupancy, plus tax
Don’t miss this experience of a lifetime!
Call us to book your spot at 800.565.5068 ext 1
*Minimum of 4 guests required for experience to take place. Maximum of 8 people.
- Exclusive Meet & Greet on first evening with Captain Crouse, Fisherwoman Sarah Allen, your crewmates and hosts onboard the J.K.C., a 37-foot lobster boat. Enjoy hot lobster croquettes with Cognac and tarragon reduction and select gourmet cheeses, paired with Benjamin Bridge Tidal Bay, Nova Scotia’s signature wine.
- Lobster 101 Orientation during the Meet & Greet to learn about the lobster fishing gear and equipment you’ll be using, and prepare you for assisting on deck of the boat
- Half-Day Lobster Fishing Adventure: Depart at sunrise and spend 2-3 hours working aboard a lobster fishing boat (hot beverages and snacks will be provided onboard)
- Oceanside Lunch: after your morning at sea, return back to White Point to enjoy lunch, overlooking the ocean, from your cozy cottage or in the Main Lodge…and relax, you’ve worked hard!
- and for Dinner ….Executive Chef-Prepared Lobster Feast, featuring:
– Savoured at the bonfire, steamed mussels with red Thai curry and coconut milk, paired perfectly with Benjamin Bridge Nova 7 sparkling wine;
– Lobster YOU caught, and helped steam shore side with crispy crushed fingerling potatoes, grilled tomato and bearnaise sauce and paired with Blomindon Reserve Chardonnay, and freshly-baked buttermilk biscuits;
– For dessert, finish with warm, sticky toffee pudding with salted caramel sauce and vanilla bean ice cream, paired with White Point Signature Hot Chocolate
- Two Cottage Nights by the Sea! Sleep like a baby as the surf lulls you to sleep in a one-bedroom, oceanfront cottage at White Point Beach Resort, and relax beside the cozy woodburning or propane fireplace
- Breakfast overlooking the Atlantic both mornings
- Transportation to and from the local West Berlin Wharf for your Lobster Fishing experience, and all the gear to go fishing!
- Access to all Recreation Facilities and amenities at White Point Beach Resort
- Take home memento of your adventure
- and BRAGGING rights of course!
Good to Knows:
- If you are allergic to shellfish, please note that this is not a good fit for you, as we will be handling and eating shellfish/seafood throughout the adventure.
- Life jackets will be provided prior to boarding the fishing boat.
- If you are unsure if you have “sea-legs”, please be advised that as we are heading out to sea for up to three hours, you may find sea-sickness affects you. Be sure to take precautions, such as Gravol or Seasickness wristbands.
- While fishing outerwear, fishing gloves and a toque will be provided, guests are asked to bring/wear:
warm clothing in layers, wind breakers (winter coats are recommended), waterproof winter boots, wool socks, scarves, hats, and mittens.
Experience takes place rain or shine – if the Captain goes, we go!
Due to the uniqueness of this Experience, guests needing to cancel their reservation must do so at least 10 days prior to their reservation to receive a full refund. Cancellations made less than 10 days prior to the Experience date will be subject to the full cost. Please note that group bookings of more than two people may be subject to additional fees.
Cancellations must be made by contacting White Point Beach Resort by phone at 800-565-5068, ext. 1.
What people are saying about the experience:
“This was the most amazing experience, ever, so much more than I imagined … I love lobster even more now after knowing what it takes to get them from the sea to my plate.” – C. Campbell
“My Dad has fished all his life but would never allow me to fish with him. This was my chance to walk in his footsteps for a day – I have a whole new appreciation for what he does for a living.” – S. Scobey