Join our team as a Front Desk Agent!
For 90 years White Point Beach Resort has welcomed the world to enjoy our perch along the Atlantic Ocean. As Nova Scotia’s legendary year-round oceanfront beach resort, ‘Making Moments, Memories’ has been our greatest responsibility and pleasure. Our White Point Team continues to play an incredibly important and critical role in delivering ‘great days’ our guests. We’re a Team of some 160 strong, and we’re growing. Come join our Team.
Position: Front Desk Agent
Job Details: Seasonal Full Time
Number of Hours: 30-40
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Start Date: 2/26/2018
The main responsibilities of this job include:
Welcoming guests to White Point Beach Resort for great stays!
- Take complete reservations and enter in Computer system
- Follow complete and accurate check in procedures.
- Maintain accurate accounting of all guest services.
- Follow complete and accurate check out procedures.
- Communicate with other departments
- Operate telephone system
- Operate fax and photocopier
- Handle guest requests
- Process payments – cash, cheques, credit cards, debit card
- Complete AM and PM checklists
- Complete end of shift reports – cash out and make deposits
- Handle group arrivals and departures
- Coordinate room status updates with housekeeping.
- Knowledge of accommodation types
- Resolve guest complaints
A successful candidate would meet the following requirements:
- High School diploma required
- Basic computer knowledge
- Friendly, enthusiastic individual
- Provides exceptional guest service skills & pays attention to detail
Rate of Pay:
Commensurate with experience, $10.85 – $11.00 per hour plus gratuities earned
Qualified interested applicants are invited to submit resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
From use of our recreation facilities to discounts in the Dining Room, there are many more perks to working at White Point, that simply being at the beach everyday. Check out our White Point Employee Program .
White Point Beach Resort is located within the resort community of White Point, just 10 mins outside Liverpool, centrally located on Nova Scotia’s South Shore. The service centre for our area is Liverpool offering a variety of services and shops including banks, postal service, pharmacies, grocery stores, boutique shops and restaurants. As a recreational and cultural hub, Liverpool’s Queens Place Emera Centre, Astor Theatre and many museums and parks combined with Kejimkujik National Park & Kejimkujik Seaside, TH Raddall Provincial Park, Summerville Provincial Beach and Beach Meadows Beach ensure there is always a place around the corner to be enjoyed. Year-round festivals and events see the community come together to celebrate the area and welcome visitors. Music, craft beer, local vineyards and surfing add even more to the dynamics of the area. Liverpool also boasts Queens General Hospital, state of the art Schools for youth and a robust entrepreneurial spirit. For more information on Liverpool, Queens County visit Region of Queens.