Meet Dan, our Food & Beverage Manager

Meet Dan, our Food & Beverage Manager

Dan TannerDan has always had a passion for food. Nearly 20 years ago now, what started in the kitchen at home has exploded and evolved into a professional and personal adventure. As a ‘Lunenburger’, like the ships his homeport is known for, his palate has enjoyed many voyages.

Always a hands-on learner, he’s taken the foundation of his Hospitality Certificate, Culinary Arts Certificate, Certified Beer Server and Certified Professional Sommelier designation to extreme levels. Not only has he crafted one of the most dynamic and extensive Wine and Beverage Menus in Nova Scotia at White Point Beach Resort as the Food & Beverage Manager, he shares his insight with guests through tastings, some even ‘blindfolded’, and brings this approach to teaching as the Instructor at the NSCC for the Wine & Food Pairing Module.

On a quest to better understand the complexities of food and wine, and appreciate Nova Scotia’s unique offerings within a global context, Dan has travelled extensively. With a belief that you have to immerse yourself in the terroir to truly feel and appreciate its offerings, his voyages have taken him to Spain, Italy, Germany, South Africa, Argentina, Chili, Finger Lakes, the Okanogan and Niagara regions and of course, through the vineyards, distilleries and breweries here at home in Nova Scotia.

Comfortably at home in the kitchen, in the wine cellar or in front of enthusiastic group, breaking down food and beverage pairing to demystify the art of it all is a passion. From his organic hobby farm & vineyard at home to his role as past President of CAPS and Treasurer of the National Board to his tenure at the Restaurant Association of Nova Scotia currently as the Vice-President, he remains active, engaged and always a champion and student.

We’re proud to have Dan on our team, he’s been with us for 16 years!

US